What Is Biopuncture (Injection Therapy)?
Biopuncture, also called Injection Therapy, is a technique used by physicians and specialized acupuncturists for pain management and other health issues. Having recently gained popularity by being featured on the Dr. Oz Show, this safe, natural and FDA approved therapy utilizes homeopathic medications to stimulate the body’s own healing process. Very different than a cortisone injection, Biopuncture is incredibly gentle and has no side effects other than minor discomfort (if any) during the treatment. Biopuncture offers those suffering with neck and back pain, joint pain, arthritis, sciatica and muscle strains/sprains another efficient and effective treatment option.
What Is Injected In Biopuncture?
The most commonly injected substances in Biopuncture are ultra-low dose homeopathic formulations. Botanica Wellness Sanctuary only uses FDA approved products such as those offered by Heel, Inc. For example, Traumeel ®, the most commonly injected product, has arnica montana to reduce swelling, comfrey to decrease joint pain, chamomile and St. John’s Wort to reduce pain, and calendula and echinacea to stimulate the immune system. Other products used will target muscle spasms or specific types of arthritis.
Injections are usually given at the site of injury or pain, just under the skin or into muscle tissue. Depending on the nature of the injury, you may need a series of injections. Acute injuries will typically require less treatment. Some minor and local irritation may persist following the treatment but is actually considered a beneficial part of the healing process.
Additional Types of Biopuncture (Injection Therapy) Offered At Botanica
In addition to treating pain and musculo-skeletal issues, Biopuncture has several other beneficial uses for internal organ dysfunction. By moderating the inflammatory process and stimulating the detoxification mechanism of the body, Biopuncture can be utilized for issues ranging from allergies to autoimmune disorders. Some of the more common Heel products (all FDA approved) we offer are:
- Traumeel- For relief of muscular pain, joint pain, sports injuries and bruising
- Zeel- For relief of mild to moderate arthritic pain, osteoarthritis and joint stiffness
- Spascupreel- For relief of muscle spasms anywhere in the body including abdominal cramps, menstrual cramps, spasmodic cough, intestinal colic, and smooth musculature spasms
- Lymphomyosot- For relief of swelling due to poor circulation, minor injury and environmental toxins
- Neuralgo-Rheum- For neuralgia, rheumatism of the soft tissues, arthritic conditions and intervertebral disc conditions
- Engystol- For stimulation of the nonspecific defense system in viral infections such as influenza, cold sores and feverish conditions
- Gripp-Heel- For relief from symptoms of influenza including: fever, malaise, body aches, painful joints
- Cerecomp- For circulatory and cerebral conditions including arteriosclerosis, depression, mental fatigue, memory deficiency, lack of concentration, nervousness, anxiety and neurological disorders
- Galium-Heel- To activate the non-specific defensive mechanism, particularly in chronic diseases