What is Fertility Enhancement?
Fertility Enhancement is a multi-step process of increasing a couple’s chances of getting pregnant. This process may include a wide variety of therapies such as acupuncture, naturopathy, maya abdominal massage, chiropractic, counseling, hormonal therapy and even IUI and IVF (Intrauterine Insemination and In Vitro Fertilization)
Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
Acupuncture has a long-standing and great reputation for increasing both female and male fertility.
It helps to:
- Regulate the menses – this enables a couple to better predict ovulation, and it ensures that the woman ovulates at the optimal time.
- Increase the blood flow to the uterus and increase the thickness of the endometrial lining – this allows for a more hospitable environment for implantation.
- Improve the sperm count, sperm motility, and the percentage of sperm that are normal within a given ejaculate.
- Help relieve stress
For those couples going though ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology such as IUI, IVF, or a donor cycle), acupuncture can also help to:
- Regulate the hormones (eg: elevated FSH level).
- Increase the ovarian response and ovarian function to increase the number of follicles and quality of eggs produced.
- Reduce the side effects of hormone treatments.
- Increase and strengthen the immune system.
- Improve the success rate of IVF – a study done in Germany showed that the addition of two acupuncture treatments increased the success rate of IVF from 26% to 43%.
- Decrease the chances of miscarriage and increase the rate of live birth.
The acupuncturists at Botanica commonly work in conjunction with many of Denver’s reproductive endocrinologists as well as with those patients seeking a natural and/or holistic path to pregnancy. As specialists in Women’s Health & Integrative Reproductive Medicine, you are in the best hands possible on your journey toward parenthood!